LAST MODIFIED: MAY 23, 2018
Collection of Information
Information We Collect About You
We collect several types of information from and about you, some of which is personally identifiable and some of which is non-identifying or aggregated, including but not limited to:
- information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, SSN/EIN, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline, (“personal information”);
- information that is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- information about your internet connection, the equipment both software and hardware you use to access the Services and usage details.
We collect this information (i) directly from you when you provide it to us or sign up for our services, (ii) automatically as you use the Services (which information may include usage details, Internet Protocol (IP) and MAC addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies), and (iii) from third parties (such as our business partners and service providers).
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through your use of the Services may include (i) information that you provide about yourself or others by using our Services, including information provided at the time of registering or subscribing to use our Services, posting material or requesting further Services; (ii) records and copies of your correspondence, if you contact us; (iii) your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes; and (iv) details of any transactions that you carry out through the Services provided by gigHire and its service providers.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed on public areas of the Services, or transmitted to Users or third parties (“Content”). Content is posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain information, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of Users. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that Content will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. You should not submit, transmit, or upload personal information or any other information about yourself or others that you are not comfortable disclosing to the general public. This information may be viewable and searchable by Users and third parties on indexing websites such as Google, and may be disclosed to third parties under certain circumstances as provided herein.
Signing up for Services
When you include information on the gigHire Platform, your projects, rates, ratings, and freelancer client communications, it is your information and it will not be shared with anyone outside of authorized gigHire platform users; provided, however, that the gigHire platform generates an aggregate overall rating of Freelancers based on input from multiple Clients and gigHire generates a rating based on factors including, but not limited to, work experience, quality of interview responses, match to job title, etc.
To take full advantage of the features we offer, including the streamlined hiring process platform, automated messaging, onboarding documents, tax form requirements and managing the hiring process of your projects, you would need to import your favorite freelancers’ name and email and mobile phone number for SMS. When the Freelancer becomes a member, you will be privy to their information as mentioned above.
- gigHire does not sell, rent, or trade your personal information with third parties. gigHire shares your personal information only with third parties who support our services (see “Collection of Information by Third Party Providers” below.
Information Collected Through Data Tracking Technologies
As you use the Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your devices, browsing actions and patterns, including details of your use of the Services (such as traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data) and information about your devices and internet connection (including but not limited to: your IP address, Mac Addressing, location, session types, operating system and browser type).
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
Log Information. We may automatically collect and store certain information in our server logs when you use the Services, including details about how you used the Services, IP address, hardware addressing, and additional information specific to your device (such as system activity, hardware settings, browser type, and browser language).
Device Identifiers. We may collect information about your device, such as your operating system, hardware version, device settings, file and software names and types, mobile network information and device identifiers. This helps us measure how the Services are performing and improve the Services for you on your particular device.
Location-Based Data. We may collect and process information about your geographic location (for example, through GPS signals) when you use the Services. We will not store or track your device location on an ongoing basis or without your permission. We do not share precise geolocation data with third parties, other than our service providers as necessary to provide the Services.
Analytics Data. We may also collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Services. These third-party analytics do not collect direct personal information about any User.
Why We Collect Information
The information we collect helps us to improve the Services and to deliver a better and more personalized experience, including by enabling us to estimate size and usage patterns, store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Services according to your individual interests, connect you with Users, and recognize you when you use the Services.
Third Party Collection of Information
Some content or applications on the Services may be served by third-parties, including advertisers, ad networks and servers, content and application providers, and your mobile device manufacturer and mobile device service provider. These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use the Services. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites and other online services. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
gigHire does not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
Collection of Information by Third Party Providers
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Provide you with the Services, and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
- Present our Website and their contents to you.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it to for Services.
- Give you notices about your account.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including, if applicable, for billing and collection.
- Notify you when updates to the Services are available, and about changes to any products or services we offer or provide though our Services.
- Contact you about our own and third parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you.
- Enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Additionally, we may use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us in any other way we may describe when you provide the information or for any other purposes with your consent.
Following termination or deactivation of an account, we may retain information and content for backup, archival, audit or other business purposes, or otherwise in accordance with applicable laws. We may maintain anonymized, de-identified or aggregated data, including usage data, for analytics purposes. If you have any questions about data retention or deletion, please send an e-mail to
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose anonymized, de-identified or aggregated information about our Users, and infomation that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to or not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our Terms of Service, found at https://gighire.com/termsofserviceand other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of gigHire, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may also share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly, including with partners or the press, in order to, for example, demonstrate how our Services are used, evaluate industry trends, or to create our marketing materials. Any aggregated information shared this way will not contain any personal information.
Your Choices About Our Use and Disclosure of Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms to control certain uses and disclosures of your information.
Location Information. You can choose whether or not to allow the Website to collect and use real-time information about your device’s location through the device’s privacy settings. If you block the use of location information, some parts of the Website may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may review and update your account information by logging into your account and visiting your account profile or settings page.
If you delete Content from the Services, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by Users. Proper access and use of information provided on the Services, including Content, is governed by our Terms of Service.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits Users who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any information you provide to us through your use of the Services will be encrypted using industry standard technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. You are responsible for keeping your account information and password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Always use a unique and complex password, which is not the same as any of your other passwords.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not guaranteed to be secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information and take reasonable steps to ensure that our Services are secure, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through your computing device, intermediary networks, and across the internet to the Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
42 West 38th Street, Suite 802,
New York, New York 10018
If you have a question about gigHire’s use of your information, please send us an email to email@example.com with “Customer Data Request” as the subject line.